CHANNELLOCK INC. INTRODUCES THE ALL NEW 9" 86 RESCUE TOOL
MEADVILLE, Pa. (April 15, 2015) – Channellock Inc., a family- owned and -operated plier and hand tool manufacturer proudly introduces the brand new 9" 86 Rescue Tool. Based on real-world feedback from first responders, the new 86 Rescue Tool is designed for easy, intuitive, one-handed operation in high-stress situations. The new 86 Rescue Tool is American-made and combines the versatile linemen’s head with more than five other tools into one so that first responders only have to carry one piece of equipment to accomplish multiple tasks.
CHANNELLOCK® developed the 86 Rescue Tool specifically for firefighters by including multiple safety functions that are essential in emergency situations.
Features of this tool include:
- Jaw design accommodates many shapes and provides maximum grip
- Spring and lock feature allows easy one-hand operation in high-stress situations
- Shuts off gas safety valves and pries open windows and doors
- Spanner wrench tightens and loosens up to 5-inch hose couplings
- XLT™ technology requires considerably less force to cut than traditional high leverage designs
- Laser heat-treated cutting edges last longer and easily cut hard and soft wire
“We are proud to offer the latest addition to our line of Rescue Tools that have become the first choice with first responders and rescue professionals,” said Ryan DeArment, vice president of sales and marketing. “We specifically designed the 86 Rescue Tool based on professionals’ feedback on what they need in a quality, lightweight rescue tool.”
For more information, visit www.channellock.com.
Founded in 1886, Channellock, Inc. is a worldwide leader in the manufacturing of high-quality pliers and assorted hand tools. For more information on CHANNELLOCK® products, rich history, sales contacts and current news, visit CHANNELLOCK at www.channellock.com.